Thursday, July 26, 2012

Find your greatness

I spent last week in Lake Placid. I was able to do a few pretty good runs on the JackRabbit trail and a few other cross-country ski trails. I've given up on the orthotics again. As soon as I set them aside my mileage was able to creep back up. Frustrated, but enduring. Watching the Ironman was really cool. It's probably something I should try one day, but for some reason it just doesn't capture me. I did see greatness though. John really kicked some ass.



In Placid I ran all easy runs.  5miles, 13miles, 5 miles, and 7miles.
Yesterday I bought some new shoes and headed to the track.  Some of those college guys sent me a message asking me to do a workout with them.  I had wanted to do another tempo effort at 6minute pace but they had a workout in mind.  I decided to give it a go as much as I could. 

They ran 4xmile with 1 minute recovery and then 2x1000 and 2x200.

I ran the first 2 of the miles right at 5:40, then I cut out early on the last 2 and did only 800's in 2:50.  Then the 1000's we ran at 5:20 pace, followed that up with 2x200 in 29.4 and 29.2

I was pretty happy with that.  Didn't overdue it as I think 5:40, although a reach, is still an achievable pace.  It sure did pep my spirits back up  though.  Even if it's not all that smart to be doing speedwork....and in new shoes.   It felt good....and that's what I'm doing this for.

Off to Mexico...  Let's see what sort of stories there are to be lived down there :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment